Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2016

Goa - the south

After a nice train ride (through the mountains and jungle) I arrived in Goa and realised, that the taxis here are REALLY expensive. They have a set rate for most places so they won't really  bargain. So I searched for a bus stop, found one and payed 40 Rupees to the hostel instead of 1500 Rupees.
And yes, I stayed in a hostel! Untill then I didn't really find any and it was great to meet fellow travellers, foreigners as well as indian traveler. I met a few germans, many people from the UK, Ireland and so on. Really nice. The hostel was in Palolem, the south of Goa. Very nice place, beautiful views, nice beaches (you could even swim in there!) and places to hang around in the evening.
I had fun hanging out with all these people, renting scooters and driving around Goa. We visited the beach several times, which was almost deserted, except for a few people - and of course people wanting to sell us stuff. I went on a short boat trip with 3 german girls and one french girl plus a US-couple, which was kind of boring. We just went down a stream for a few hundred meters into a mangrove forest and then back... But in the middle the guy had a chopped up chicken with him and few it to eagles! These were hanging around in the forest, waiting for food. And each boat would give them some.
The days were usually rainy, only the one day we were on our scooters the sun was shining and I got a bad sunburn... Well, shit happens I guess.
But that was a cool day. We drove to several beaches, Cola beach in the north being very secluded and pretty. It was very hard to get there, because there was just one muddy road leading there, which was still wet from the past days...
In total I stayed in Palolem a few nights longer and met an indian guy one day. We visited a small spice farm and drove there with his scooter. At one point he let me drive. When it began to rain I was doing a turn and slipped on some leaves and we landed in the high grass to the side of the road...
No real damage happened and I only had a small bruise so nothing bad. I felt really bad, but he said it was no problem... It could happen to anyone and unfortunately it was me today...
Anyway we arrived back safely after visting a waterfall and stopping at a few places on the way (nice views and more waterfalls)
On the last day I met an irish couple again I met the first day. We shared a taxi to Margao the next day, from where I took a train to the north to get to Anjuna.
Random pic of the day: There were alot of dogs in Palolem. So of course some did Yoga
A buffalo herd, they would often eat around the hostel
What are you lookin at?
Malai Kofta! Interesting dish...
Palolem beach...
Me with Alex' scooter infront of big rice fields
At the spice farm: Little butterfly enjoying the rests of my sweet dish
Waterfall #1 with alot of ppartying indians!
Waterfall #2

1 Kommentar:

  1. Aye, ich hoffe dein Sturz war wirklich nicht so schlimm wie es hätte sein können! Sonst klingt das ja hier wie so'n schöner, entspannter Urlaub ^^ Freue mich auf weitere Berichte!
    Wünsche dir weiterhin gute Reisen und Fahrten und alles Liebe :D

    AntwortenLöschen