Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016

Goa - the north

After arriving in anjuna I searched for a hostel which was recommened to me by 2 german girls, who I met in Palolem: The Funky Monkey.
A very fun place to be, most of the people working there were volunteers from other coutries, backpackers themselves.
I again met alot of people. 3 were Christina, Will and Arthur. We shared one of the dorms together and later did several things, tours and so on etc.
So as I said the hostel was pretty cool. The rooms are divided in severals houses and so there is alot of space in between to do stuff. If the weather were right and so on...
In the evening I met Christina and Will and we went for a few beers to a bar close by at the beach. Thats where we got to know each other and started really hanging our together.
I rented a scooter the next day (they already had a day before) and we drove off to Old Goa, to see some of the old churches and buildings. Unfortnately it took longer than ecpected, so we didn't go further but checked out an old big fort on the way back to Palolem. It had a beautiful view towards the arabian sea and a neat lighthouse closeby. Because it was already late it was closed...
Old Goa - Portugese church
Inside the church: Picture of a bible scene with indian influence!
Church #2 in old Goa

View from the lighthouse (well close to the lighthouse) over the Arabian Sea

The next day we drove towards the north, to see the beaches there and search for another fort (Fort Redy). This was a long ride and on the way I had an accident. While we were driving along a road I overtook a scooter when my helmet came off, so I grabbed it, so it wouldn't hit her, but then I wasn't able to break fast enough and flew over a speedbreaker... Ouch...
But the scooter just had a few scratches (which the guy who rented it actually made me pay for), same as I did. My left side was kinda beaten and scratched up. Now, 2 weeks later its all fine again ;-)
We drove on towards the fort and finally after asking 20 locals (who all showed in different directions) and getting some reception for the phone we found the place! It was an old abandonded fort, no signs close by and hidden in a forest...
But is was kind of cool! Everywhere the forest had regained the place, trees were growing all over the walls and places. A guy had showed us the place, didn't tell us anything but just "guided" us through, he wanted some money at the end of course... he got a small tip from us.
The way back was really rainy and therefore annoying. It was really far, so we skipped the beaches again and just relaxed at the hostel again, chatting with all the people who arrived etc.
Redi Fort: Roots growing down the wall, almost in geometrical shapes
Old building - house maybe - in Redi Fort
More of Redi Fort =)

ME shortly after the accident:
That evening we met Arthur and he took over Wills scooter (who wanted to stay in the hostel) whike Christina and me drove to the north again to actually go to the beaches. And we did. Despite the rain. We didn't swim but had a fancy lunch and were in sort of a resort for a few hours, so the beach was really pretty and clean. We knew the way by then really well so were back home faster and got into a police control at the end... We weren't speeding, but the scooters were actually not meant to be rented (they had wrong licence plates - which we didn't know - and so they threatened to take the bikes away or we pay 400 Rupees, because I forgot my drivers licence and they didn't accept my picture on the phone.
We argued and argued, in the end Christina had to get a bus, so we paid and drove back. Luckily we got a discount from the renters, because it was their bikes and therefore their problem. Annoying!

Another fort we visited:  - it's directly over Anjuna and here nothing except the walls are still standing
And a few of these lookout/ toilets - with a nice view of the ocean

Beach near the resort, lifeguards are driving down along the beach
And thats why the guy made me pay for the scratches (I think), so he had basically gotten the discount back... Cheaky, I was too fed up with everything to care and just went along, because even 2 guys from the hostel joined to tell me I should pay.
That day I left for Mumbai, so not a nice ending again, but it was a great place and I had alot of fun! So it was in all worth it I guess. And I was going to see Christina and Will again, because they were also heading to Mumbai.

Random pic of the day: This half entrance was found on the way to Redi Fort somewhere. Made of plastic, just for show^^

1 Kommentar:

  1. Och nö! So'n Mist! Ich hoffe deine Zeit in Mumbai war schöner.
    Deine Random Pictures finde ich übrigens immer sehr witzig! :3

    AntwortenLöschen