Freitag, 24. Februar 2017

Land of Kiwis, Kiwis and Kiwis (~Dec 5th)

On the 5th of December I arrived in Auckland, New Zealand. I had flown from Bali to Auckland and took a bus to Auckland city to meet my friend Silja. She and I already travelled several times together. Last big time was in Australia in 2013 (4 years ago!). Now she has a job in Auckland with her working holiday visa.
We met after some time again and she showed me around Auckland and I had to get a hand with all the new prices again... And New Zealand is much more expensive than India, Nepal and Bali (probably more expensive than all of them combined!).
We had good talks about how her life is going and what we were up to lately. She is of course jealous, that I was in India and Nepal without her, but she will probably catch up sooner than later ;-)
We went to the harbour, walked through parks and saw the main shopping area. Auckland isn't that big, though it is the most populated city in NZ. But I guess where everything is happening is not too far apart in Auckland. The outskirts are much bigger and to see everything you'd need quite some time. She had taken some days off so she could show me around =)
Next day we split up, so she could work for her university courses and I checked out Auckland a little bit by myself. And I searched for information about the IRD (tax number in NZ) and where to get a bank account (I had already applied for one in Bali). After getting an appointment close by and working out some other things, I was ready to relax again and annoyed Silja.
She introduced me to some of her friends and we went to a comedy evening in one of the clubs there. It was an evening filled with 10 comedians, either trying new jokes or comedians who want some training or whatever. But I think the guy moderating the evening was the best. He had a good mix of insulting people and telling weird stories about himself and preferably his girlfriend. But mostly it was good fun ;-)
I got a new zealandian SIM card for my phone and was able to check out what my friends were up to, who weren't in Auckland. The 3 friends of mine from the scouts were already on the southern island and Ronja and Sönke were doing their last few days of work and so we were making plans to meet soon.
In all Auckland is a nice harbour city. Many of my friends who were traveling across NZ said it was rather boring and Silja said you enjoy it more the longer you stay there. Well I liked the few days I spent in the city. Going out with people, visiting the cinema, sitting and relaxing at the harbour, like in good old Hamburg...
Additionally there are several islands I was hoping to explore, where you can get to via ferry, though because of weather and other things to do I didn't make it.
Fancy christmas cakes!

In Auckland they put up this lego christmas tree - with a Santa ready to surf!
And of course little elves helping

Whats that? Silja and me in her teeny tiny appartment


Wooo! Hamburg! ;-) Hamburg Süd is a freighter company which paid for this building belonging to the university of Auckland (or one of the universities)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen