Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2016

Short heads up

Dear family and friends,

I wish you a happy holiday season! I hope everyone is having a great time and will be with beloved ones during the upcoming days. I am currently in New Zealand and will be with some friends from university for christmas and new years, so I'm set ;-)

Unfortunately traveling so much and with other people is taking it's toll. I am finding less and less time to keep up with the blog. So I have decided to start writing about the current events and then, when I have more time, uploading older posts about Nepal and Bali. I have some notes, hoping I will be able to be able to tell about my adventures as much as I was, while I have been in India.

A short summary: After my friends left Nepal (and we finished hiking around and visiting some more villages) I was for a few days in Kathmandu and visited several sites and also the Chitwan National Park. A great place, more info to come ;-)
About middle of november I flew to Bali, Indonesia. Here I met Lea, another friend from university and we hung around, travelling different places and meeting other cool people we spent time with. On Bali I tried out surfing! And it was amazing!! I loved it and hope that I will be able to do some more in NZ and Australia. Though it will probably be way more expensive :D

Then I headed out to a more western country and where I am at the moment: New Zealand! I landed in Auckland, met Silja, my travel mate in Australia from 3 years ago and did everything I needed to be ready for work in New Zealand. About a week later I got my tax number and now I only have to find a job!
Then I headed down south, spent a week in Wellington and 3 days ago I took the ferry to the south island. And here I am: In Christchurch, the city which was so massively destroyed by earthquakes in 2010/11. I will head down to Dunedin in a few days (a students city) and celebrate christmas there. Then we'll see!

So I will now try and upload a few posts about New Zealand and then catch up when I don't feel like socializing :P
Have a great day everyone, wish you all the best and recieve a digital hug and of course: merry christmas and a happy new year! =)
Jakob

"Recent" picture I took of myself in Kathmandu after another haircut, recreating 'E' from my t-shirt ^^

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen